Wednesday, February 2, 2011

On a Blizzard

As I mentioned earlier, and unless you've been living under a rock you've heard that Chicago had a blizzard last night. The city pretty much shut down and people tucked themselves (if they were able!) for a peaceful night amidst the storm. It really was quite beautiful, with thunder and lightning amidst the snow. Thundersnow as they say.

The day after has been a trip. The storm has now stopped, so I made my way out for a bit just to see what all the hubub was about and the view was pretty intense. Downtown was still asleep and people were just starting to show their faces to the world... not in their cars, mind you. I actually made my way over to Lake Michigan to catch a glimpse and the site was beautiful.



It was hard to make out what was the water (covered in an ice and snow) and what was the ground (covered in ice and snow.) Most notably, it was incredibly peaceful. Just a few other lone souls who ventured to see. I sat on a bench and just watched.

No comments:

Post a Comment