Wednesday, February 23, 2011

On What's Been Goin' On

I don't often write in straight format about my life, but today I feel compelled... so here goes.

The truth of the matter is, the last week or so I've been attempting to journal in a hand written way. I realize that it is important to reflect upon things and I am excited to force myself to do this. It's different than blogging or tweeting or talking for that matter. It is for me and it is a reflection or documentation of how I've been feeling or anything I want to write about. It feels really good to do and I hope to maintain it for a while. My father is a faithful journal-er and I must say I look forward to looking back upon those notebooks some day.

I've been in a bit of bad shape for the last few days due to both a nasty cold and some dental issues. The cold came in strong and left quite quickly, so I can't complain too much, but I was down for the count this weekend. On Sunday evening when I thought things were clearing up I fell back into some pretty deep tooth pain. It is a terribly long story that I won't bore you with, but damn! Tooth pain is simply the worst and I've had my fair share of it in my life. I would say this is the fourth tooth I've had a terrible series of painful events happen to and this latest was right up there with the worst. Sleepless nights and tons of pain medication, but after 5 dentist visits I think it is nearly under control. I see full and pain free living in my future, and after this weekend, I need that hope.

The other reason I can have a positive outlook on an otherwise gloomy Wednesday is that I am only 4 days away from a sweet return to Tulum. A winter Mexican getaway with El Scotto. We will be off the radar for nearly a week and to say I can't wait would be all sorts of an understatement. The sun, the ocean and eating till our little hearts are content. A much needed vacation.

Finally, last week I managed to have my data recovered from a recently crashed external harddrive. Friends, let me be an example to you. BACK UP YOUR STUFF. Don't just put it on one harddrive, make sure you put it on two! This is my second harddrive to crash and although I managed to recover the data this time ($200 later) the data is all sorts of jumbled. In fact, the software that recovers it also duplicates some of it so it is nearly impossibly to sort through. I spent much of yesterday trying to just get some sort of grasp about what was where, but I don't believe I made much headway. That being said, going through all of this old data... music, movies, documents and photos makes a fella nostalgic. Some of my upcoming posts may reflect that.

Have a lovely Wednesday my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment