Monday, November 22, 2010

On Rest Stop Sunglasses

Truth be told I'm a $10 sunglasses kind of guy. The bottom line is, I lose them. Inevitably and as hard as I try not to, I lose sunglasses, so the investment is not worth it to me.

Also, as a general rule I am a tortoise shell wayfarer kind of guy. I was relieved when wayfarers came back because they fit the structure of my face well and don't make my shnoz look so big like many other glasses do. So, for the most part I've been wearing exactly that for the last three years or so.

Recently, on my trip to visit my brother in Iowa I lost my most recent pair of $10 tortoise shell wayfarer's. Ugh. It was sunny out and the drive was long, so I decided to stop at the DeKalb Oasis and see what I could come up with. After minimal shopping and frankly, quite little care, I happened across these fellows.



My new $10 replacement aviators. Now aviators would generally fall into that category of glasses that make my shnoz look big, but for these are built in such a way that they don't. (Maybe you disagree?) I'm also kind of obsessed with the cross bar over the bridge of my nose. It is so bad and Midwestern dad, yet so kind of classic and cool as well.

So maybe it just took a stop at the DeKalb rest stop to get me out of my wayfarer rut?

No comments:

Post a Comment