Tuesday, November 30, 2010

On Thanksgiving

Can I be perfectly honest? This Thanksgiving was both weird and wonderful. Weird because I wasn't with family like I have been for every other Thanksgiving of my life (save one where I had mono in Boston), but wonderful because I was with two of the most wonderful people a person could ever possibly have in their life.

Additionally, the three of us managed to concoct such a beautiful meal. We spent all day from 10am - 6pm doing so, in Mary's comfy and aesthetically pleasing Charlottesville apartment. It was pretty much what I imagine an adult Thanksgiving to be. We lounged, we sipped scotch, we baked, we cooked, we talked and eventually we ate ourselves silly.

Here's a quick rundown of the menu:
Fiery Sweet Potatoes with curry and coconut milk
Quinoa salad with radishes, pumpkin seeds, dried blueberries and pear
Mashed Potatoes
Green Beans
Corn with mint
Turkey
Tofurkey
Stuffing
Lemon Meringue Pie
Blueberry/Blackberry pie

It was a feast! So much food is such a good reminder of the plenty that exists in my life. I am indeed thankful.















I mean, what more could I ask for? I'm the most thankful guy on the planet and I've got the pictures to prove it.

No comments:

Post a Comment