Monday, March 21, 2011

On The First Bicycle Ride of Spring

This morning was my first time back on my bicycle in 2011. See, I'm not the "all through the winter" kind of cyclist, but rather a fair weather rider. This may make me a bit wimpier than I'd like, but I find solace in the fact that I walk a WHOLE lot during the winter, so all physical activity is not lost... just not in a two wheel format.

That being said, I've been feeling the need as the weather has perked up a little bit to get the 'ole bike out of the garage and take it for a spin. The delay was primarily due to the fact that I need to take my transit into the shop for a little tune up and the timing just hasn't been right. Today, I decided to give it a go and take the bugger in on my way to work. Lucky me, even after sitting for the winter my bicycle was still in fantastic shape, maybe not even necessitating and tune up and allowing me to just give the tires a boost and make my way directly to work this morning.

Ahhhhh! It felt so good! I always forget the feeling until I embark, but there is such great freedom on a bicycle. I'm a big fan of walking, and public transit, but a bicycle is ideal. I can go long distances and I am not bound by the slows of traffic. I also can move at a much faster speed than these two feet can carry me.

Anyway, it feels good to be back and makes me excited about Spring and all it has to offer.

I've been quiet on the blog lately because I have a lot of performing going on. It is concert season and if this weekend is any indication of the what the next month has in store, I will be quite tired by the end of it. He works hard for the money!

No comments:

Post a Comment