Tuesday, May 25, 2010

On New York Part 2

The Ace Hotel is a real treat. It'shad a lot of hype and I'm not sure it is all deserved, but for the most part the experience was pretty great. What I will say that I liked the most about it was the fact that it felt as though we were in an apartment. Although I love the hotel experience, it was somehow especially relaxing to come home to a place that you felt like you could live in. Now mind you, it would mean I lived in a studio apartment, but it's New York, so I supposed that would be apropos. It is located at 29th and Broadway, in an area that is full of knockoff shops and few food options, but it is near almost everything. For the most part, we found ourselves walking to many places we went... or at least walking home.







Also, on the first day of the trip we managed to make our way over to The High Line. Chicago? Can you hear me? We can do this! It is a great idea. The gardening was new and different and the walk was easy and enjoyable. There were all sorts of people, young and old, lounging and walking. To be so close to the water was great as well. A free highlight, for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment