Tuesday, May 25, 2010

On the Perfect Wallet?

I believe a man's wallet says a lot about his character. I've carried a number of different wallets throughout my (wallet carrying) years, but I don't know that I've ever been quite as pleased with one as I am now. For a long time (3 years?) I was carrying this silly little bill flip I bought at TJ Maxx. I think it was even Sean John brand, or something silly. It served its purpose as it was small and simple and helped me limit that which I was carrying, but I always was frustrated by the fact that all of my cards were so heavily damaged. There was not much protecting them so they would inevitably end up damaged and dirty.

After finally having enough of that little bugger, I began the search for the perfect small wallet. I was convinced I wanted another small simple flip, but during my trip to Mexico I began carrying my wallet worthy goods in a small pouch. This has felt both silly and quite wonderful. To have a pouch, seemed more secure and somehow didn't prove to be uncomfortable in my back pocket. So, when traveling to New York I was on the hunt for the perfect wallet. That being said, I had in mind what I really wanted, I just needed to find it.





The Comme des Garcons wallet is something I've enviously eyed for a long time. My only hold up on really purchasing one is that is seemed potentially bulky. Would it be something I actually carried in my back pocket as desired? Well, the answer is yes. I found one at Odin in New York and it is the perfect size quality and weight, with just one appropriate pocket on the interior for whatever minimal cash I may carry around. The cards can be divided by the pocket, but otherwise float freely. I feel much more organized and the zipper keeps me feeling secure that not a piece will fall out. Finally, it feels chic to remove from my pocket. What more could I ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment