Friday, July 16, 2010

On a Change Jar

As previously mentioned, iced coffee is for me, a simple pleasure. It serves a big purpose in a small way. I can't pinpoint it exactly, but it's good for my belly and my soul on some level. Which, got me thinking about some of the other stuff that has a similar effect.

Ever since I've been a child, I've kept a change jar. My father did something similar as did my brother. At the end of each day, you empty out your pockets into the jar that sits atop your dresser and look upon proudly as it nears the top. The jar is only to be fished through if you're looking for laundry money or tolls for the toll road. This is the way of the jar.




The big enjoyment comes when the jar is full and you can empty it into a ziplock to take to the bank. It used to be that we would have to roll all of the change, but thank God machines were invented to count this stuff for us.

I dunno, for me this is another one of those things. I love to find change in my pocket and contribute it to the jar. Even more, I love taking it to the bank to find out how much $$ I've saved, as though I've accomplished something. This is the sort of $ that is great to treat someone to dinner with. It seems extra and special.

No comments:

Post a Comment