Monday, October 25, 2010

On a Picture Machine

Sorry for being absent as of late. As I mentioned to Mary the other day, I'm an emotional blogger. As in, when there is a lot on my plate, I can't blog. But, here I am and I have something quite brilliant to share with you.

A while back, I was contacted by a lovely gentleman who was working on an art installation piece that involved what can be described as a reworked cigarette machine and some re purposed photography. Taking original images and turning them into what can be compared to small polaroids, individuals in attendance could purchase the different packs of photos, like they would cigarettes. Brilliant, I thought. I agreed to participate and submit my photos for polaroidization.

Unfortunately, the project took place at Photokina in Cologne, so it was not something I was able to witness in person, but I have now received my pack of photos and can share those with you.

Here is an image of the machine:


Here is what I received in the mail:












To learn more about the project, check out http://www.rabbitt.eu/

2 comments: