Wednesday, October 27, 2010

On the Perfect Pair of Denim

If you're like me, you've spent much of your adult life on the quest for the perfect pair of jeans. If you're not like me, well, consider yourself fortunate! The truth of the matter is, denim is now all purpose. I can get away with nice denim at work and it is often the most appropriate thing to wear out and about as well (although, I've become reacquainted with and excited by khaki lately... more on that later.) The perfect fit is of the utmost importance but the challenge of finding that fit seems often impossible. These aren't just jeans we're looking for here, they are every day every occasion pants.

I have tried to many inexpensive routes and also some very expensive routes... with a few stories of success. But, due to changing bodies (read: too many sweets!) and wear and tear, the successes of the past had most recently become not available.

Enter The Gap. Now, I'm with most in that I think the Gap has generally lost its way. Uninspired design and general lack luster direction, but this is something that for me, they've got really right. I love these jeans. They are "skinny" fit, which is not available in store, only online But, let's be honest, skinny fit at the Gap ... well, they fit well! I've hardly been able to take them off since getting them and the price was just right. My only complaint is that stupid "1969" printed on the back, but this is nothing a nice belt won't cover. So, if you're looking for a piece of raw denim, I'd recommend these.


No comments:

Post a Comment