Tuesday, December 28, 2010

On Gift Wrap

I realize this is a bit after the fact, but I thought I'd share my present wrapping strategy for Christmas 2010.

I'm actually not so great a wrapping gifts. I really like to see well wrapped gifts, but I don't seem to have the appropriate motor skills to do a really beautiful job. So, I prefer to keep things simple and have often opted in the past for traditional brown craft paper and had planned to do the same this year. But, my plane looking gifts were spiced up in a nice way, by this red and white twine from Crate and Barrel.





I was fond of the look myself, but was mostly pleased by the ways in which people reacted to the wrapping. It seemed to bring about a nice piece of nostalgia to the unwrapping process and made for a nice discussion piece during the family time. Given the large roll of twine I purchased, I imagine I will reuse the idea in upcoming years.

No comments:

Post a Comment