Monday, December 6, 2010

On Periodicals: Inventory and Dwell

Saturday, for the most part, I didn't do anything. Well, that's not entirely true as I made my way back to the much neglected (year neglected!) gym and sang a concert in the evening. But, during the day I didn't do anything other than read magazines, drink coffee and read all of your blogs. Whilst perusing my most recent periodical purchases I spent significant time with both the new Dwell and Inventory magazines.







I don't read Dwell every month, but I caught wind that a photography I'm fond of, Ye Rin Mok did some work for the edition. Also, another photographer whose work I've followed was featured in his home in PA. Rich Renaldi and his partner have rehabbed an old school house and turned it into a bit of a modern respite. If you have a moment, take a look at both of these photographers work and this issue of Dwell Magazine.

Inventory has easily become one of my favorite periodicals. I've mentioned it before, but it's worth mentioning again as this issue is especially engaging. You know, this is a magazine about craft and in that spirit, it is well crafted. I also find myself spending much of my perusing time just fawning over the pictures as I think they are pretty great. This mag is hard to get in the midwest. I ordered mine from Context clothing in Madison, WI which seems to have quite a thing going for itself. Regardless of how you get it, it is worth the investment and I appreciated its contributions to my "nothing" Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment