Thursday, August 5, 2010

On Crater Lake

I tend to be someone who can't stop talking about things I get relatively excited about. I try to keep the embarrassing things under wraps, but even that isn't always successful. For instance, on my trip to Oregon I read the book Freakonomics and I've pretty much brought it up in every conversation I've had. Now, I'm not necessarily thrilled about Freakonomics, but I do think it contained some relevant and useful information that could positively impact how people understand the world.

Somewhat indirectly related is how I feel about my time at Crater Lake National Park. Truly one of the most beautiful places I have ever been and I say that without hesitation. As soon as I first googled it, I knew it would be a treat and I was not disappointed. The water so clear, the air so fresh and the sun so bright.





The highlight? Swimming in it? Upon hiking to the bottom of the mountain with my nieces, nephew, father and brother-in-law we discovered a 20 ft jump that people were taking advantage of. Straight into the crystal clear water (ice cold) I jumped, with much fear, but the thrill and result was very much worth it. How could I pass up such an opportunity?

So, like Freakonomics, I can't shut up about Crater Lake. It is necessarily in the "1000 Things to Do Before You Die" book and I encourage you to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment