Monday, August 16, 2010

On The Kids Are All Right

This weekend went by at records pace, leaving but a distant memory my time at the Boiler Room, the Hideout, teaching voice lessons, walking around amidst the air and water show and doing some shopping for the wedding I will be attending this week. More on that later, but one of the memories that has stuck in my head from the weekend involved a viewing of Lisa Cholodenko's "The Kids Are All Right."

Before I heap my quiet praise on this movie, can I just quickly ask why this title gets reused and reused? The Who? Ryan McGinley? What is it about this title that people want to keep using it over and over? I'm curious.



You know, I'm really no good at reviews. Here is what I can tell you about this movie. It involves characters that I was interested in, actors who were incredibly solid and a story that seemed like something I should think and know about. A story of a family, specifically a modern family that is in the midst of sorting out the ways in which a modern family can be complicated. I was particularly impressed by Mia Wasikowska who was also Alice in the new Alice in Wonderland. She had some really quiet lovely moments that told both sides of the story. Overall, I really appreciate this movie and what it has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment