Thursday, August 12, 2010

On a "Gold" Watch

Let me preface this by saying, the below photo was taken with my iPhone. I find that to be pretty fantastic. It seems the macro lens is pretty dang powerful.

But, back to subject matter. I used to be a silver kind of guy. I'd never wear gold. I wore silver rings, silver chains and silver watches. Some years ago, I saw my friend Taylor, a red head, rockin' a whole bunch of gold. Sure, redheads are supposed to wear gold, but it got me thinking that maybe I wanted to jump in on that too. It looked kinda tacky and classy at the same time. One of which I can relate to more than the other... I'll let you decide.

I thought, since I'm not a huge jewelry guy, I'd start with a watch. I got a pretty cheap Timex and wore that for a while. Then it broke. Then I got another... and wore that for a while. Then it broke.

The other day, I picked up another inexpensive, but more expensive Armitron and I'm pretty happy with it!



Just enough class and just enough kitsch. Someday I'll own something nice, but for now, this fills my desire for "gold" and and keeps me on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment