Tuesday, January 25, 2011



In light of the Oscar Nominations today, I'd like to just give a quick shout out to the King's Speech. I saw this film while in Arizona... and let me put it this way:I wanted to see this movie because everyone was raving about it and I can't much think for myself sometimes and am swayed by hype. The truth of the matter is, the plot seemed potentially boring to me and as my coworker said "It looks like a big screen version of a PBS movie."





You know, and that it was, BUT, it was everything that is amazing about a PBS movie and everything that is amazing about truly capable actors with a fascinating story to tell. The art direction was also a dream. The unsung hero of the movie for me was the wall in the background of Geoffrey Rush's office. Amazing. I wanted to know more about this wall.



I felt fully engrossed in the story and wanted nothing more than to see Colin Firth succeed (as I always do.) The truth of the matter is, when you get such a cast of great actors there is high potential for disaster, but when it is right, it is right. This movie was very right and I'd recommend it to most anyone. I challenge you not to enjoy it just a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment