Friday, April 30, 2010

On Art Chicago and Next Recap

Last night was quite a fun time. Arts fairs a funny things and the people are often the most interesting part. Particularly in the case of these two fairs, as to my sensibilities the vibes are so completely different. Art Chicago is where all the $$$ gets exchanged and Next is where all the fun happens. As Linsey says, they both have their place.

There were a few highlights for me which I tweeted as I walked through, but I thought I'd share here as well. Oh, and speaking of "tweeting" check out this license plate I saw in the parking garage.



I don't actually know what to say about that.

Anyway, back to the art fair. I was able to see my first real life JH Engstrom photos. They were subtle and beautiful. (Pardon my iPhone pics)


And a Tillmans...

And a Mapplethorpe...

And some Alec Soth, which are huge and beautiful.

I don't know who this artist is, but the piece was entertaining.

And a contortionist?


But, a highlight was getting to meet Oliver and Eleanor from The Present Group.

It was particularly exciting to see my piece in their booth!

Overall, it was a really great night. We tried to follow it up with dinner at Gilt Bar, but it was of course full, as was Xoco, as was Frontera as was... So, we settled for the decent food and obnoxious atmosphere at Hub51.

No comments:

Post a Comment