Tuesday, April 6, 2010

On the need for a Rain Coat

It was pouring this morning. Like, OMG, don't go outside, there is no possible way to stay dry, pouring.

This reignited my long time desire for a proper rain coat. Actually, I've been looking for this particular item quite a bit lately, because I knew spring was coming and I was going to be in need of something to keep me dry, particularly if I'm riding a bicycle as one can't very well hold an umbrella and ride a bicycle. Although, I've been thinking about this for a long time because I think in general umbrellas are inefficient and given my propensity for losing them, I think it's time to give up the fight and go straight for the jacket.

Here's the thing... I can't find one.

I've looked everywhere. Really, and you're going to read this and probably come up with some suggestions right off the top of your head, like Target or the Army Surplus Store or the Gap... but I'm telling you, I've been to all of these places and there are no rain coats. So, I began an online quest to try and find the perfect rain jacket. You know, something long enough to keep much of me dry and light enough to not get to hot in warm weather.

LL Bean has this option, which I quite like:



But at $189, it seems a bit excessive for a coat you wear at most a few days a month.

REI has the following option, for $40:


But, I do wish I could find something a bit longer...

So, where do I look my dear friends? I'm at a loss and I'm about to go pick up a new bicycle with threats of rain...

No comments:

Post a Comment