Wednesday, April 7, 2010

On Staying Dry Continued

So, Yesterday I'm complaining about how I can't find a rain jacket and then today I'm "drowning" in rain jackets.

Today, GQ.com posted this guide "Staying Dry"

There are a few highlights, still mostly out of my price range, but good to see nonetheless.

I do enjoy a good trench, but I'm more of a hood man because I don't know how a man in a trench keeps his head dry.



Now, this seems like a great option:


But at $235 and only available in NYC and LA, I think it's a no-go for me.

Which brings me to my two finds at REI. There is a significant difference in price and it is because this one breathes:


And this one doesn't:


So, given the infrequency one wears a raincoat, I'm thinking I'll go with the lack of breath. Possible mistake for someone on their bicycle? Yea, but it seems my best option without breaking the bank...

No comments:

Post a Comment