Thursday, June 24, 2010

On a baseball cap

You might not know this about me, but I have a bit of a thing for caps and hats. I generally think my head is suited for such and find myself often purchasing more. The thing that is most silly about this is that I so rarely wear them. When exactly is a hat appropriate? There is of course the potential hat hair which leaves one fearful of wearing a hat on the way to an event or at an early point in the day. I do often prefer to wear hats when I travel. Something psychological about shielding one's head amidst and airport or location that is unfamiliar or unpredictable.

Most recently, I purchased this blue beauty.



My father would definitely refer to this as a cap. I've worn it through a couple of trips now and it served it's purpose quite swimmingly. It fits perfectly and fulfills my current obsession with the color blue as well as protects from sun and or psychological warfare. Well, maybe not the psychological warfare part, but I feel pretty good wearing it and I think there is some psychology to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment