Sunday, June 27, 2010

On the Ghosts of Bikes Past

Because I am blessed with fantastic folks in my life, I was taken out for a bit of a surprise birthday evening last night. Tuesday's the real day, but the weekend is where real birthday fun is, so we headed to Spacca Napoli where enjoyed some pretty amazing pizza's. I was wise enough to order the Bianco Nero which had black and white truffle oil as well as Porcini mushrooms. Yum! Scott was clever enough to pick up mini singing "Davins" (bow tie and all) to serve as a party favor.

Personally, I don't wear that much lipstick, but I do have a similar tux. After dinner, we ended up heading over to a pretty great party at the Ravenswood Billboard Factory, featuring Matt and Kim that Jessica was kind enough to hook us up with. It was really a great evening with people that I love.

Linsey gave me a clever gift that she picked up at the Brooklyn Flea Market when she was recently in New York.

Check it out ya'll. These are the Bikes of Davin Past! Since so many have been taken from me, apparently some painter took it upon himself to paint their ghosts. Well, maybe not exactly but I like the thought and will proudly hang it on my wall in remembrance...

I'm sure I'll have some more to say about turning 29 on the actual day, but for now, here's to hanging on to my current ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment