Wednesday, March 10, 2010

On Trickin' Out My Bike

If you know me or just even observe me, you probably know that I am an avid (warm weather) bicycle rider. It is my preferred method of transportation and what I consider to be a generally superior form of transit to most others. You also might know that I've gone through a number of bicycle and bicycle parts due to THIEVES, but that is another post.

For the purpose of this post, I would like to talk about my current bicycle which I am quite proud of.

So, here's a picture of my bicycle when I first got it.



I added the white tape detailing and shortly after changed my handlebar tape to white as well. This looked great for about a month, until my grubby hands made it more of a grey rather than white.

Well, in the early winter I put my bicycle away for the time being because I'm not really one of those all weather bikers. I'm more into comfortable tshirt weather biking... or at the very least light jacket. Well, low and behold, we're almost there. Yesterday was over 50 degrees and I felt compelled to pull my baby out to get her tuned up.

So, now she sits in the shop, but after having a good look at that grubby white tape I've decided to just change things up a little bit.

My starting point is this seat:

My hope is to match it with handlebar tape and possibly a brown chain?

Update:

I just found the white version of what I'm going for.



I'll be sure to post the results.

Update #2:

I received these in the mail today!



Can't wait to get my bike back from the shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment