Wednesday, March 31, 2010

On Bicycle Shopping

I've heard from multiple sources that the answer to my stolen bicycle woes is to own a bike that is less desirable. Cover it in duct tape. Buy a beater. Or, as Mary said "quit riding cool hipster bicycles." The thing is, this is just not in my disposition. Aesthetics are important to me, and so I can't seem to make myself go with a beater. That being said, I've spent some time searching for things in my price range (which there are few) and I've come up with these options:





The last is my clear favorite, but it is also the most expensive. Further, I have the brown seat and brown tape that I purchase for my previous bicycle, so I could just put it on another bike with a seat and tape that I don't like.

Decisions!

I haven't actually made it to a bicycle shop yet, so I'll see what I come up with there and also pursue the generous offer I spoke of yesterday and I think I'll be riding again in no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment